Movie Thread

No dice.

I rewatched The Last Jedi now that it is on Netflix. If you look at the movie from a distance, I think it broadly works as a story of several characters failing several times and then in the end they all come together for a common victory and a passing of the torch. Like, if you were to do a one-page outline and avoid any specifics of the larger story, it’s a decent yarn Rian Johnson has spun.

If you look at the movie with any granularity, however, it’s a big old mess. The plot details really don’t work (why is the first order suddenly so powerful, why are there are suddenly so few resistance people–either of these could easily have been explained with a bit of dialogue, but weren’t. “I tried to warn them. I told them the FO was mobilizing. With the republic fleet destroyed, we’re on our own now.”) and the tone is constantly sabotaging itself with really out of place comedy. The movie opens with an apparently high stakes action sequence which also features a yo mama joke.

I like how he waited all of forty seconds to blame “media jews”

he didn’t mention media jews at all, what fantasy are you living in?

Chronicles of riddick ages well. Its a better movie than it should be. 2004, feels like 2015 its so good at fx.
Stage designers out did themselves.

Pitch Black still holds up too.

Melanie Thandiwe “Thandie” Newton is so pretty and a good actress. Thandie is name we all should know.
Just for Westworld atleast.

Rest in Pieces James Gunn

More like James Gunn Miss Directing Films

Rewatched Interstellar for the first time since I saw it in 2014 and now I remember why Christopher Nolan is a hack fraud

fuk u

Both sides

Go see Sorry to Bother You

“the film follows a young African-American telemarketer who adopts a white accent in order to thrive at his job. Once he does, he rapidly gets swept up into a conspiracy, and must choose between making money at the expense of humanity or joining with his activist friends to organize labor.”

:thinking:

it was good

mad

My family would play The Great White North on road trips. Kind of surreal seeing it again.