The zulusquad wageslave topic

Got pulled into a meeting 5h ago to solve some other team’s issue :confused:

They’re reporting 10% of voice models are nonexistent while our metrics continue to show 2.5% (which is our baseline for a number of reasons). We’ve had 4 people working for 5h and literally no solutions in sight.

Turns out this is my buddy from work. (I thought he was just traveling for work.)

hope he recovers soon

Yeah his note to the company says he is hoping to get back to work in the next few weeks. It seems really soon to me but I can understand the desire.

So the sucky part about taking this new job is that I don’t get paid for two weeks following each pay period. I got paid for the job I left (though it was a light one since I lost about 20 hours just having to drive to and from interviews) and I have to wait until the 15th to get paid for about a week and a half of work, then until June 1st to get paid for my first full 80 hour week.

Meanwhile it’s going to be Mother’s Day before I get paid again and I have 2many momz to spoil

The running joke in the office is the Bay area branch of the company, which consistently underperforms spectacularly. Today I was handed paperwork to process from that branch and after a little confusion found out that the customer had changed the terms of the contract themselves and instead of catching it the sales rep ignored it and sent the paperwork through the pipeline as if nobody would notice

This all happened at the end of today so tomorrow we’re gonna torch the rep involved