The zulusquad wageslave topic

there was an accident on the way to work so instead of sitting in traffic for 2 hours I went to Starbucks and worked from there

nice perk tbh

You will also find that lots of engineers and designers don’t have any field experience.

Since I’ve moved up from the bottom of the oil field slinging wrenches to being the one designing and coordinating shit I really notice that among my peers few have been in the trenches.

Some problems aren’t very obvious unless you are the dude pulling the wrench.

this probably depends on the type of engineering

for example, most of my engineering friends have experience working on sponsored projects at school where they literally machine the parts themselves

that’s probably harder without an oil rig on campus

And yeah in oil you gotta actually be drilling a real hole into the formation or working on a real producing well to really get an appreciation for the variability of things and to see how its actually done.

It’s very hard to teach in a school environment due to the huge costs.

I got a “Head of HR for a 5000 person corporation” level of resume today.

I would make more specific fun of it, but with my luck it is probably someone in Zulu Squad.

When you think about it a canditate statement is basically a shitty resume

my vote goes to “long time recycler”

Actually “my wife is dead” kind of owns

New executive started this week at my company.

Basically he is talking about spinning up a new division of the company in the next 3-6 months that will probably be the half the size of the current company. My life is either going to be awesome or absolute hell over the next year. (leetcheese, check your messages)

(leetcheese, give me a job)

not implying that you want a job

i just want a job

I introduced a bug by forgetting to .toUpperCase() a String: how CS 201!

nice you found a missing unit test case