Zulu Squad Twitterbook Thread v2.0

Yeah, it is weird how fast they turned that Trilogy into a made for TV movie that I watch at 6PM every night.

I think the counter counter is that a work like Cyberpunk 2077 risks being not actually futuristic but nostalgic. Even Deus Ex ended up being conservative Matrix AU fanfic (that I enjoyed, but still)

What I’m saying is we don’t need that particular story, and that the conventions of 2077’s source material are so well established in reality that we should be looking elsewhere for speculative fiction, instead of just the 1980s. People are still allowed to write about the future but you must admit that the worlds described by the genre have become more evenly distributed into ours. You can still like Gibson, but continuing to reproduce past images of futurity will be a terrible bore.

Honestly I’m not even sure if “story” is even an interesting enough medium to distribute the future, as it does require a solid ground of coherence that I’m not so sure exists anymore (if ever).

Look, in Witcher 3 you played a character drowning in waifus. Now in Cyberpunk 2077, you get to play as the waifu. If that’s not progress, I don’t know what is.

not wanting to play the ai

Only because I am already SHODAN irl.

what’s a little SHODAN between friends

All I know is in 2018 I’m extremely excited to experience a work exploring transhumanism from the guys who make “did you just assume my gender lol” jokes on Twitter

some kind of GAMER you are :smirk:

*gaymer

Well it seems my SSD has shit the bed. Either that or Windows shit itself so bad it took the drive with it.

Recommendations on hard drive brands / brands to avoid? Been meaning to upgrade to a bigger SSD anyway. Guess now’s as good a time as any.

You buy SSDs for speed, not for reliability or longevity.

So I should buy a red one, then?

wtf no way. you want reliability, ssd’s are inherently fast and unless you’re processing very large files he won’t notice a difference in speed

if you have a m.2 drive get one of those

otherwise get a samsung evo 2.5" one.

if ur rly cheap i just saw this deal https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BD32RLK?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=XZMMY9W06E9060SBJ1CH

there’s no dram cache on that though, so it may be somewhat slower.

tbh i bought a 500gb samsung evo ssd like two years ago and it’s still great. added an m.2 boot drive and that is also great

also check if you need a firmware update on your current drive, my last kingston one was dying but was < 1 year old. that was the issue

what anzoxe said

yeah i did this. it fixed it for about a month and i’ve been sitting on 10% health for two years. i’m 99% sure it’s always got one foot in the grave.

Well I already bought the new drive. Been wanting to upgrade size for a while so I don’t have to juggle which games I’ve got installed. (Hashtag Gamer Problems) I’ve had this one for several years (like maybe 4 at this point). Picked up a Samsung evo 1 TB. Now I can fit all the games Smizz and Nate will disapprove of at the same time.